Classic spinach dip blends sour cream, mayo, and a spice mix full of C.R.A.P. such as corn syrup, partially hydrogenated oil, MSG, and artificial caramel color. Instead, try a version that’s simple and natural.
Time: 25 minutes | Servings: 4
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 cups (6 ounces) baby spinach leaves, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced (about 1/2 teaspoon)
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup plain 2% Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut-up veggies and/or Superseed Crackers for serving
1. In a 10-inch skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. 2. Add the spinach, garlic, crushed red pepper, salt, and black pepper and cook for 3 minutes. 3. Put the yogurt in a medium bowl and stir in the spinach mixture and the cheese. 4. Chill in the fridge for at least 15 minutes before serving. 5. Serve with veggies or a few crackers, or both. 6. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
OH YEAH, ONE MORE THING...
Add-ons: Add a few chopped canned artichokes or water chestnuts, or both, to the mix.
Sandwich: This dip also makes a great veggie sandwich spread to use in place of hummus.
Kale lovers: Swap out the spinach for the same amount of kale.
Nutritional Facts for SuperSwap Spinach Dip
1 serving, dip only
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.