Peanut sauce is super versatile. It’s great in this recipe, but also try it as a dipping sauce for spring rolls and dumplings, a condiment on veggie or chicken burgers, as a sauce on a Thai pizza or as a salad dressing.
- Peanut Sauce:
- 5 Tablespoons natural peanut butter (smooth or chunky)
- 5 Tablespoons warm water
- 1 Tablespoon seasoned brown rice vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon raw honey (for vegan version use agave)
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- 6 cups chopped broccoli
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 2 cups sliced red bell pepper
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 package (8 oz) tempeh, cut into 8 pieces, widthwise
- 8 wooden skewers
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Whisk peanut sauce ingredients until smooth.
- In pan, sauté 6 Tablespoons peanut sauce with broccoli, carrots, bell pepper for 6-8 minutes, until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in cooked brown rice.
- Steam tempeh pieces for 8 minutes, until tender. Put each piece on a skewer and brush with remaining peanut sauce.
- For each serving: Plate 2 cups stirfry & 2 skewers. Sprinkle with green onions.
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Sauce Stirfry & Tempeh Skewers
2 cups stirfry + 2 skewers
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.