Great salad to make on the weekend & keep in the fridge for the week. Make it a complete meal by adding grilled bread and grilled shrimp, garbanzo beans or chopped chicken sausage.
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt & black pepper, to taste
- 1 medium red onion, sliced very thin
- For Grill:
- 2 heads broccoli (about 1.5 pounds)
- 1 pound green beans
- 1 bunch asparagus (about 1 pound)
- 2 medium zucchini (about 1 pound)
- 2 medium yellow squash (about 1 pound)
- cooking spray (high heat tolerant)
- For Salad:
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil, not packed
- 1/2 cup shaved parmesan (sub in pinenuts for vegan version)
- Combine dressing ingredients and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Mist broccoli, green beans, asparagus, zucchini and yellow squash with cooking spray and place on grill, turning regularly, until tender and grill marks appear (about 8 minutes). Remove vegetables and allow to cool.
- Cut grilled vegetables into bite-size pieces and place in large mixing bowl.
- Add tomatoes, basil and parmesan to bowl. Toss with dressing.
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Vegetable Salad
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.