The weather is too nice to be stuck inside cooking/I’m too tired/I don’t feel like making a mess & cleaning it up…whatever your reason…you don’t feel like making dinner.
So what do you do?
Rely on your local health food store’s SALAD BAR + DELI!
Of course you can go through the salad bar and/or deli for grain + protein + veggies in the perfect SuperSwap ratios. MEAL INSPO: a little mac & cheese + a little bbq chicken + lots of sautéed kale. But here are 5 other ideas to get the most out of the salad bar & deli…
5 fast low-prep meals using grocery store shortcuts.
1) TACOS. Buy sprouted corn tortillas like this, stuff with salad bar grilled veggies + salad bar grilled chicken or beans + pre-made guac.
2) ROTISSERIE SALAD. Get a salad kit like this Asian chopped salad w/ sesame ginger dressing and top it with rotisserie chicken.
3) PIZZA NIGHT. Get a slice of grocery store pizza + pair it with a salad. Perfect example of honoring BOTH your inner Wild Child & Health Nut. 😉
4) SALMON BOWL. Make a dinner bowl with grilled salmon from the deli + hummus + greek style salad made at the salad bar (romaine lettuce, red onion, cucumbers, tomatoes, feta, lemon).
5) ITALIAN PARM. Toss pre-spiralized zucchini noodles like this in warm marinara and top with warm, pre-grilled chicken breast from the deli, marinara & parmesan.
Stay tuned for next week!!!
Help! I don’t feeling like cooking Part 2 includes a dining out CHEAT SHEET.
Click >>> HERE <<< for FULL infographic image.