You don’t need leafy greens to make a superfood salad. This crunchy salad is an excellent source of potassium, fiber, folate & beta-carotene.
Servings: 1 salad + extra dressing
- Citrus Tahini Dressing:
- 1/2 orange, juiced
- 2 Tablespoons Tahini sesame paste
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed, cored & thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 apple, diced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 Tablespoon chopped walnuts
- 2 Tablespoons fennel fronds
- ground black pepper, to taste
- Whisk together, orange juice, tahini and chili powder. Reserve half (3 Tablespoons) for veggie dip or additional salad.
- Combine fennel, apple, carrots and walnuts and toss with 3 Tablespoons dressing.
- Garnish with fennel fronds & black pepper.
Nutritional Facts for Winter Fennel Salad
1 salad + 3 Tablespoons dressing
1 salad + extra dressing
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.