I whipped these up when I was time-crunched and nailed it. They are fast and flavorful with no white sugar or flour. For chocolate cookies, drizzle with melted dark chocolate.
25 minutes • Servings: Makes 16 Cookies Print Recipe
- 1 ½ cups almond meal
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 Eggland’s Best organic egg, beaten
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract or ¼ teaspoon ground vanilla bean
- Optional: melted dark chocolate for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix together all the ingredients.
- Drop tablespoon-size portions of the dough (I use a small cookie scoop) onto the prepared baking sheet. Wet the bottom of a small glass, and press the cookies down to be approximately ¼ inch thick.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the bottoms are golden. Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes on the pan and then transfer them to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 7 days.
- Optional: Drizzle with melted dark chocolate.
Nutritional Facts for Vanilla “Sugar” Cookies
Makes 16 Cookies
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.