Popcorn is naturally good for you because it’s a whole grain. Just swap the usual butter topping for savory, mineral-rich seaweed. #SuperSwap
10 minutes • Servings: Makes 2 servings Print Recipe
- 4 cups air-popped organic popcorn
- 2 sheets of nori seaweed, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
1) Toss: Put freshly popped popcorn into a large bowl and sprinkle on seaweed, sesame seeds, and sesame oil. Toss for a couple of minutes to evenly combine. Note: Seaweed sticks best when popcorn is HOT. PS: Also tastes great w/ a splash of apple cider vinegar on top.
OH YEAH, ONE MORE THING…
- Seaweed seasoning: Nori seaweed sheets (the seaweed used to make sushi) can be found in the international aisle of the grocery store. To grind, just put the sheets into a food processor for a couple of minutes until the sheets become magical seaweed dust.
- Dulse: Another type of seaweed you can use on popcorn is called Dulse. I buy it already ground and in a convenient shaker bottle at healthfood stores or online at places like amazon.com.
- Sesame seeds: These little seeds have a heafty dose of calcium for strong bones.
- Air-popper: I love my air-popper. I pop the corn right into a bowl with oil and seasonings…and then just toss.
Nutritional Facts for Toasted Sesame & Seaweed Popcorn
Makes 2 servings
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.