Make a taco seasoning from existing spices in your spice rack. Combine it with crumbled tempeh for a delicious meatless dish.
- Taco Seasoning:
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon each: onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, oregano, cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Dash cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (8 ounces) tempeh, crumbled to resemble ground beef
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- Optional: 8 crunchy corn tortilla shells
- Optional: Toppings such as: Shredded romaine lettuce, chopped tomatoes, sliced black olives, chopped green onions, salsa, sliced avocado, chopped fresh cilantro, lime wedges
- Combine taco seasoning ingredients together.
- Sauté seasoning mix with olive oil for 1 minute to release flavor.
- Add tempeh and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add water and tomato paste and sauté for another 5-6 minutes, until hot.
- Serve tempeh “meat” in crunchy corn taco shells with toppings.
Nutritional Facts for Tempeh Tacos
1/4 tempeh mixture
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.