Sweet version for when I crave something like a cinnamon scone. Savory version for when I crave a classic egg sandwich, healthified.
Time: 5 minutes | Servings: 1
- 2 slices sprouted whole grain bread, toasted
- 1/2 avocado, mashed
- cooking spray
- 1 whole egg
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon raw honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Top each toast with half the mashed avocado.
2. Mist nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Cook egg.
3. Top savory avocado toast with egg, crushed red pepper flakes and sea salt. [And I LOVE to shove lots of spinach or arugula or baby kale between the avocado & egg! Eat your greens baby! In fact, I put so many greens on that I have to eat it w/ a fork & knife.]
4. Top sweet avocado toast with walnuts, honey and cinnamon.
5. Nutrition details: 1 piece sweet avocado toast= 190 cals, 10g fat, 21g carbs, 6g fiber, 6g protein; 1 piece savory avocado toast= 200 cals, 10g fat, 18g carbs, 5g fiber, 11g protein.
Nutritional Facts for Sweet & Savory Avocado Toast
1 sweet piece + 1 savory piece
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.