Vegan Superfood Salad. Calorie & saturated fat savings aside, trade up traditional ingredients for super foods like kale, sprouted grain croutons and tahini (sesame paste) for off-the-charts nutrition. This salad is an excellent source of Vitamins A & C, folate, calcium, iron, potassium, zinc & fiber.
Servings: 2 super salads
- 1 bunch green kale, stems removed & sliced thin
- 1 Slice Sprouted Grain Bread
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped
- 6 Tablespoons warm water, or more to thin
- 6 Tablespoons tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 1 lemon, juiced (about 3 Tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoons ground flaxseed
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Wash and cut kale very thin, set aside.
- Toast bread in toaster, then cut into ½ inch squares.
- In large bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients (water, tahini, lemon, mustard, flaxseed, sea salt, and garlic).
- Add kale, croutons, and walnuts to dressing and toss.
- Divide salad in half. Makes two servings.
- NOTES: Eat 1/2 the salad now and save the rest to eat within the next 2 days. PS: The kale stands up to the dressing so don’t have to worry about limp salad!
Nutritional Facts for Superfood Caesar Salad
3 cups kale, 1/2 sprouted grain toast, 3 TBSP dressing
2 super salads
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.