At just 120 calories per burger, they provide 6 grams of plant protein & 6 grams of filling fiber. Plus, beets have antioxidants, reduce inflammation & contain healthy compounds called nitrates, which naturally boost energy.
Time: 20 minutes | Servings: 6
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 medium raw beet, grated (1 cup)
- 1/2 red onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained (1.5 cups)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 tablespoon avocado oil
1) In a small bowl, mix flaxseed and water together and let sit for 5 minutes, until it gets thick. 2) In a food processor, puree oats (use gluten-free if you’d like) until they are a flour-like texture. 3) Pulse in flaxseed mixture, beets, onion, beans, chili powder, and salt. Leave it chunky, not totally smooth. 4) Form mixture into six burger patties and freeze them for 15 minutes to set. 5) Cook each side about 4 minutes in a skillet over medium-high heat or a grill. *Serve open-face on sprouted whole grain English muffins w/ your favorite burger toppings like lettuce, tomato, red onion, mustard, ketchup.
Nutritional Facts for Superfood Beet Burgers
1 Beet Burger
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.