Instead of salty nuts or chips, roast and serve spiced chickpeas for a wholesome cocktail party nibbler.
- 2 cans (15.5 ounces each) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Sea salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Pat beans with a towel until very dry.
- Place bean on two baking sheets misted with cooking spray.
- Mist beans with cooking spray and toss with spices - one baking sheet with chili powder and the other with the allspice-cumin mix. Sprinkle both sheets with salt.
- Bake for 45 minutes, shaking sheets occasionally, until chickpeas are golden and firm. Test for doneness: if chickpea is not easily smashed between your fingers they are done.
- Serve hot (my favorite) or room temperature.
Nutritional Facts for Spiced Chickpea Nuts
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.