These dairy-free truffles taste great without added fat and sugar. Great as a gift to family, friends or coworkers.
Servings: 14 Print Recipe
- 12 medjool dates, pitted
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 4 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup puffed brown rice
- 2 Tablespoons shredded unsweetened dried coconut, chopped walnuts, unsweetened cocoa powder, or cocoa nibs
- In food processor or blender puree dates and water until a sticky paste/ball forms.
- Pulse in cocoa powder until solid dough forms.
- Stir in puffed brown rice.
- With small scoop, form mixture into 14 Tablespoon-sized balls.
- Roll each ball into coconut, walnuts, cocoa powder, or nibs to lightly coat.
- Refrigerate for 30-60 minutes to set.
- Note: Store refrigerated in airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Nutritional Facts for Snowball Truffles
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.