Branch out beyond black beans and enjoy this folate-rich butter bean recipe.
- 1 pound (about 7) plum tomatoes, halved
- Cooking spray
- 6 cloves whole garlic, peeled
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (2.25 ounces) sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Balsamic vinegar, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put tomatoes (flesh side up) and whole garlic cloves in a 3 quart baking dish misted with cooking spray. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle salt and pepper on top. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Add beans and olives to tomatoes and bake an additional 30 minutes.
- Stir in parsley and balsamic vinegar.
Nutritional Facts for Slow Roasted Tomatoes with Giant Beans & Olives
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.