Create an antipasto tray full of vegan-friendly foods. Try this recipe as a new approach to antipasto that is sure to become a classic.
- 3 whole garlic bulbs
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil, split
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes
- 12 slices whole grain baguette
- Dried oregano, to taste
- Chopped fresh basil leaves, to taste
- 1 cup assorted olives
- Optional tray ingredients:
- Spiced nuts, pesto, oil-marinated artichoke hearts, roasted red bell peppers, marinated white beans, balsamic vinegar, roasted asparagus or roasted mushrooms.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut 1/2 inch off top of garlic bulbs, drizzle each with 1/2 teaspoon oil, salt & pepper and wrap in foil.
- Toss tomatoes with 1 Tablespoon oil, salt and pepper. Place on foiled-lined baking sheet.
- Roast garlic and tomatoes for about 45 minutes, until garlic is tender and tomatoes have burst.
- Push garlic cloves out of bulb into a serving bowl and place tomatoes in another serving bowl.
- Toast baguette slices, drizzle with remaining oil and sprinkle with dried oregano.
- Arrange tray with garlic, tomatoes topped with basil, baguette slices and olives.
Nutritional Facts for Simple Vegan Antipasto Tray
2 slices w/veggies
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.