This seasonal medley is rich in vitamin C, fiber, protein and iron and contains minimal saturated fat. Try something new by mixing shaved Brussels sprouts with your favorite pasta.
Servings: 4 Print Recipe
- 6 ounces uncooked whole grain linguini noodles
- 1.5 pounds Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced/shaved (about 8 cups)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Walnut Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup walnuts, toasted
- 4 Tablespoons water
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Salt/pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted
- 1-2 lemons, juiced
- Salt, to taste
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- In food processor combine vinaigrette ingredients until smooth.
- In skillet, sauté Brussels sprouts in olive oil and garlic for 12-15 minutes, until tender and caramelized. Pour in vinaigrette, toss and take off heat.
- Combine cooked & drained pasta with Brussels sprout-vinaigrette mixture.
- Top with toasted walnuts, lemon juice and salt.
Nutritional Facts for Shaved Brussels Sprouts Pasta
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.