Romesco sauce is a delicious and zesty sauce with many uses. The flavors of this sauce pair well with grilled vegetables, toasted baguettes, baked potatoes, shrimp skewers, falafel, pasta and many more meal options.
- 4 roma tomatoes, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced in large pieces
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Smoked paprika, to taste
- Optional garnish: olive oil & chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat broiler or grill.
- Mist tomatoes and peppers with cooking spray. Broil/grill tomatoes (flesh side up so the juices remain) and peppers until charred, about 8 minutes.
- In food processor or blender, pulse almonds until they are coarsely chopped.
- Add garlic, parsley, 2 Tablespoons oil, vinegar, red pepper flakes and salt. Puree until semi-smooth.
- Top with paprika.
- Optional: Garnish with drizzle of olive oil & chopped fresh parsley.
Nutritional Facts for Romesco Sauce
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.