Romesco sauce is a delicious and zesty sauce with many uses. The flavors of this sauce pair well with grilled vegetables, toasted baguettes, baked potatoes, shrimp skewers, falafel, pasta and many more meal options.
Servings: 8 Print Recipe
- 4 roma tomatoes, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced in large pieces
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Smoked paprika, to taste
- Optional garnish: olive oil & chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat broiler or grill.
- Mist tomatoes and peppers with cooking spray. Broil/grill tomatoes (flesh side up so the juices remain) and peppers until charred, about 8 minutes.
- In food processor or blender, pulse almonds until they are coarsely chopped.
- Add garlic, parsley, 2 Tablespoons oil, vinegar, red pepper flakes and salt. Puree until semi-smooth.
- Top with paprika.
- Optional: Garnish with drizzle of olive oil & chopped fresh parsley.
Nutritional Facts for Romesco Sauce
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.