Move over cubes! Here is a new way to taste a trio of this season’s star vegetable.
- 3 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 small acorn squash, seeded and cut into 6 wedges (2” each)
- 1 small butternut squash, seeded and cut into 6 rectangular pieces (2” each)
- 1 small calabaza squash, seeded and cut into 8 wedges (2” each)
- 1-2 teaspoons dried rubbed sage
- 1-2 teaspoons minced canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1-2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 6 Tablespoons chopped hazelnuts
- Preheat oven to 450 degree F.
- Make dressing: Combine vinegar, oil, honey, salt and black pepper.
- Toss acorn squash with 2 Tablespoons dressing and sage.
- Toss butternut squash with 2 Tablespoons dressing and chipotle peppers in adobo.
- Toss calabaza squash with 2 Tablespoons dressing and cumin.
- Place the squash on baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes; flip and roast 20 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven & sprinkle with hazelnuts.
- NOTE: Eat the squash skin, it will be tender & flavorful.
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Squash Trio
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.