Benefit from the de-bloating affects of parsley in this chimichurri sauce. Drizzle it over a grain, protein and vegetable for a complete meal.
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup water
- 1.5 cups (packed) chopped kale
- 1/2 cup canned black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1/4 avocado, diced into chunks
- Chimichurri Sauce (makes 4 Tablespoons):
- 1 cup (packed) fresh parsley
- 4 Tablespoons finely chopped purple onion
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon flaxseed oil
- 1 clove fresh garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon each: sea salt and black pepper
- Dash of cayenne
- In food processor, blend sauce ingredients until well combined but still slightly chunky. Note: Instead of food processor, hand-chop parsley well & whisk sauce ingredients together.
- Bring quinoa and water to a boil, stir and cover, turn down to simmer for 8 minutes or until all water is absorbed.
- Steam kale until tender-crisp, about 3-5 minutes.
- Serve quinoa, kale and beans with sauce & avocado.
Nutritional Facts for Quinoa, Beans & Greens w/Chimichurri Sauce
1/2 cup quinoa + beans, 1 cup kale, 1/4 avocado, 4 T sauce
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.