Incorporating fresh veggies into this Indian-inspired dish will make you want to bypass the local curry house. This quick creation is chalked full of protein, healthy fats and fiber.
- 1 can (13.5 ounce) unsweetened light coconut milk
- 1 Tablespoon curry powder
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped (about 5 cups)
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 2 cups frozen shelled edamame
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- Optional toppings: chopped green onions & lime wedges
- In large pot, sauté coconut milk, curry powder, garlic, ginger, agave and salt for 3-5 minutes.
- Add cauliflower, bell peppers, carrots, edamame and raisins. Cook covered for about 12 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- Serve with cooked brown rice. Top with green onions & squeeze of lime juice.
Nutritional Facts for Quick Coconut Curry
2 cups veg + 1/2 cup rice
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.