Not only are these cookies vegan, gluten free and seasonally scrumptious… just one cookie is considered an excellent source of vitamin A (20% of RDA).
Servings: 18 Print Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon ground flaxseed soaked in 2 Tablespoons warm water
- 1/4 cup virgin coconut oil, at room temperature/liquid
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (like Enjoy Life brand)
- Make flaxseed/water mixture (will become sticky/gel-like in 5 minutes).
- With electric beaters, beat oil and brown sugar together until smooth and creamy.
- Add in pumpkin, vanilla and flaxseed/water mixture. Beat until smooth.
- In separate bowl, mix together dry ingredients: almond meal, oat flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and sea salt.
- Using a spoon, stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Add chocolate chips. Mix until just combined.
- Refrigerate dough for 15 minutes and preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line baking dish with parchment paper.
- Scoop dough onto baking sheet. Bake 14-16 minutes, until golden/firm.
- Allow to cool completely.
- NOTE: Store baked cookies in refrigerator for up to 7 days or freeze.
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.