Servings: 4 Print Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped (2 cups)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 16 ounces frozen spinach
- 4 medium portobello mushrooms, stems removed and chopped
- Few dashes cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cooking spray
- 24 ounce jar marinara sauce, split
- 8 Tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 6 ounces uncooked whole grain pasta
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In skillet, sauté oil, onion, garlic, spinach and 1 cup of chopped mushroom stems for 10 minutes until spinach is thawed and mushrooms are wilted and tender. Season with cayenne, salt and pepper.
- In food processor pulse spinach-mushroom mixture until well combined, semi-smooth.
- Put mushroom caps on baking sheet misted with cooking spray, cavity facing up.
- Fill each mushroom cap with 2 Tablespoons of marinara sauce, about 1/2 cup of spinach-mushroom mixture and top with 2 Tablespoons cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until cheese is bubbling and mushrooms are al dente.
- Boil pasta according to directions, drain and simmer cooked pasta with remaining marinara sauce until warm.
- Serve stuffed portobellos with pasta/marinara.
Nutritional Facts for Portobello Parmesan
1 mushroom + pasta
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.