Make these savory alternatives to muffins and cornbread that are vegan and gluten free. Tastes great when dipped into your favorite marinara sauce.
- 3 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup whole grain cornmeal
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup frozen spinach
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bring broth to a boil and whisk in cornmeal slowly to avoid clumps. Simmer mixture and continually whisk until thickens, about 10 minutes.
- In a hot pan, add olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes and sauté for 1 minute. Add frozen spinach and sauté for about 8 minutes or until most of the water has evaporated. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add spinach to thickened cornmeal (polenta) and spoon mixture into mini-cupcake tins misted with cooking spray.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until tops are golden and polenta is set.
- Let cool for 15-20 minutes before removing from pan.
Nutritional Facts for Polenta & Spinach Bites
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.