Make these cookies using whole oats and cooked quinoa without adding oil or butter. These cookies have no saturated fat but provide two grams of protein in each serving!
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup natural chunky peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup old fashion rolled oats, pulsed in food processor to be almost flour-like consistency
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup mini dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bring quinoa and water to boil, cover and simmer for 10 minutes until all water is absorbed. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Mix 2 cups cooked/cooled quinoa (reserve the 1 remaining cup cooked quinoa for another day) with peanut butter and honey.
- Stir in oats, flaxseeds and salt until well-combined. Mix in chocolate chips.
- Drop 1 Tablespoon-size mounds on baking sheet. Bake cookies for 18 minutes, until bottoms are golden.
- Immediately after removing cookies from oven, press them flat with the bottom of a small drinking glass. Let cool.
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter Quinoa Cookies
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.