Try this dish with quinoa pasta for a gluten-free alternative to wheat based pastas. Also, green peas make for creamy & vitamin rich pesto sauce.
Servings: 6 Print Recipe
- 8 ounces dry quinoa pasta
- 1 head broccoli, chopped (about 5 cups)
- 1 bunch asparagus, chopped (about 3 cups)
- Green Pea Pesto (makes 3 cups):
- 3 cups green frozen peas, thawed
- 3 cups fresh basil
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 6 Tablespoons water
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1.5 teaspoons sea salt
- Cook pasta according to directions and drain.
- Steam broccoli and asparagus about 6-8 minutes, until crisp tender.
- In food processor or blender, puree peas, basil, lemon juice, oil, water, garlic and salt.
- Toss cooked pasta, broccoli, asparagus and pea pesto.
- Optional: Top with chopped fresh basil and/or shredded parmesan cheese
Nutritional Facts for Pasta with Green Pea Pesto
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.