This super summer salad captures more than your daily recommended vitamin C. Speckled with color and lime juice, this recipe will brighten any backyard barbeque.
- 2 cups uncooked whole wheat orzo
- Cilantro Lime Pesto:
- 3 cups cilantro leaves
- 4 Tablespoons lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 Tablespoons pinenuts
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) corn, rinsed & drained (or 2 ears of grilled corn/removed from ear)
- 2 bell peppers (red and orange), grilled & chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Boil & drain orzo.
- In food processor puree pesto ingredients.
- Toss pesto with cooked orzo and remaining ingredients.
Nutritional Facts for Orzo Salad with Cilantro Lime Pesto
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.