Make this bar in place of traditional Rice Krispie Treats to ditch the butter/margarine and marshmallows. O Crunch Bars contain the nutty flavor of almond butter and can be modified by using peanut butter.
- 3 cups whole grain "O" cereal (such as Multigrain Cheerios™)
- 1/2 cup brown rice syrup
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup mini-chocolate chips
- Put cereal in a large bowl.
- In a sauce pan over medium heat, stir brown rice syrup and almond butter until melted.
- Pour mixture over cereal and stir.
- Mist 8X8 baking dish with cooking spray and press cereal mixture into dish.
- Top with chocolate chips (pressing them lightly into cereal).
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours, until set. Cut into 12 bars.
Nutritional Facts for O Crunch Bars
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.