Get a boost of carotenoids, fiber, vitamin A and iron in this comprehensive meal.
Servings: 4 Print Recipe
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup water
- 2/3 cup organic ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons molasses
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 dashes of cayenne or to taste
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups chopped collard greens (stems removed)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Pierce the skin of the sweet potatoes with a fork several times, place on baking sheet and bake for 45-60 minutes, until tender (microwave potatoes to save time).
- In pot over medium heat mix water, ketchup, molasses, chili powder, garlic and cayenne.
- Add beans and greens and simmer for 8-10 minutes, until beans are hot and greens are wilted.
Nutritional Facts for Molasses Black Beans & Greens Stuffed Sweet Potato
1 potato + 1 cup stuffing
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.