Well on your way to an apple-a-day with this tasty, fruit based dessert.
- 3 apples, cored and cut in half
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3 Tablespoons finely chopped candied ginger
- 3 Tablespoons chopped pecans
- Simmer apples, water, honey, cinnamon sticks and pinch of salt for 20 minutes, flipping once. (Simmer uncovered to reduce cooking liquid.)
- Mix together ricotta and candied ginger.
- Serve apple halves in remaining cooking liquid and top with cheese mixture and sprinkle of pecans.
Nutritional Facts for Honey Apples w/Ginger Ricotta
1/2 apple + filling
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.