Impress yourself with the ease and flavor of this dessert. People will think the crust is store-bought.
- 1.5 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup walnut oil
- 4-6 Tablespoons cold water
- Cooking spray
- 2 apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons honey, split
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine flour, sugar and salt.
- Slowly stir in oil until flour is pebbly and then slowly stir in water until dough holds together.
- Roll dough between wax paper until it is about a 12” circle.
- Remove one sheet of wax paper and invert dough onto a baking sheet misted with cooking spray.
- Mix apples, cinnamon and 1 Tablespoon of honey.
- Spread/pile apples on dough leaving a 1 “ border around the edge.
- Fold dough edges over apples and bake for 40 minutes, until crust is golden and crisp.
- Drizzle with remaining honey.
Nutritional Facts for Honey Apple Galette
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.