Make this flatbread without turning on the oven. At 190 calories, serve it along side a salad for lunch or as an appetizer.
Servings: 4 Print Recipe
- 10 ounces whole grain pizza dough
- Cooking spray (“high heat” version)
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into 12 thin slices total
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- Dried oregano, to taste
- Sea salt & black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Over high heat, preheat grill pan or grill.
- Roll out dough into 2 thin crusts (5 ounces each). NOTE: Use nonstick surface to roll out dough such as a Silpat™.
- Mist one side of each crust with cooking spray. Place misted crusts down onto grill and carefully peel away Silpat. Cook for about 3 minutes until cooked/crisp.
- With tongs, remove them from grill placing uncooked side down on a nonstick surface (such as Silpat™).
- On cooked sides, place 6 basil leaves, 6 tomato slices, oregano, salt, pepper and 2 Tablespoons parmesan cheese per each crust.
- Place uncooked sides back on grill for about 3 more minutes, until cooked/crisp.
- Remove from grill and cut each crust into 6 pieces.
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Tomato Flatbread
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.