Warm green beans add a nice crunch and contrast to cool greens, white beans and veggies. Consider grilled asparagus in place of green beans for an alternative variation.
- 6 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups (about 1/2 pound) fresh green beans
- 8 cups mixed greens
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) white cannellini beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup pitted and chopped kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- Shaved parmesan cheese, to taste
- Whisk dressing ingredients together. Set aside.
- Grill green beans for about 4 minutes, turning occasionally, until tender-crisp. Note: Use indoor grill pan or place on foil when using outdoor grill.
- Toss grilled green beans with salad ingredients (except cheese) and dressing.
- Top with parmesan cheese.
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Green Bean Salad
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.