Do something different with green peas. Blend with yogurt, scallions, mint and lemon to create a high fiber salad.
- 6 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped green onions (about 4)
- 15-20 mint leaves, chopped
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- Sea salt /Black pepper, to taste
- Cooking spray
- 5 whole grain pitas
- Mash peas, oil, yogurt, garlic, onions, mint, lemon (zest and juice) and salt/pepper with a potato masher until well combined and chunky.
- Mist both sides of pitas with cooking spray and grill for about 2 minutes on each side until grill marks/warm. Cut into quarters.
- Serve pea mixture with grilled pita triangles.
Nutritional Facts for Green Pea & Scallion Salad w/Grilled Pitas
1/2 cup salad + 1/2 pita
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.