Whole grain fries! This version of the classic french fry has zero saturated fat and is loaded with fiber.
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups whole grain cornmeal (course ground)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Cooking spray
- Organic ketchup (optional)
- Bring water to boil and slowly whisk in polenta.
- Cook (while whisking) until thick about 20 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, salt and pepper (or any seasonings you’d like at this point).
- Pour polenta on a cookie sheet misted with cooking spray and spread evenly.
- Let sit in fridge for at least 30 minutes until set.
- Cut polenta into fry shapes (or other shapes) and mist with cooking spray.
- Broil fries on cookie sheet until browned about 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Optional: Serve with organic ketchup.
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Polenta Fries
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.