The French toast “dippers” + creamy coffee concoction provide excellent sources of bone-bulding calcium & immune-boosting vitamin C. PS: Healthy probiotic powerhouses like kefir can bust a craving! PPS: Vanilla’s aroma can elevate feelings of joy & relaxation. #SuperfoodSwap
10 minutes • Servings: 1 Print Recipe
For the French toast:
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk (or any milk of your choice)
- ½ teaspoon pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 slice sprouted grain bread
- Cooking spray (coconut tastes great on French toast)
- ½ banana, sliced into 3 slices
For the shake:
- 1 cup coffee, cooled
- ½ cup plain kefir
- ½ banana, sliced
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a bowl, whisk together egg, almond milk, maple syrup & cinnamon. Dip bread in egg mixture & cook on lightly greased pan or griddle until both sides are lightly browned. Cut the toast into three French toast sticks.
- In a blender, combine cooled coffee, kefir, banana & vanilla. Blend until smooth.
- With a straw, poke holes through French toast sticks & banana. Place interchangeably on a clean straw & place into shake. PS: I LOVE to dip the French toast sticks into my shake to let the bread soak up all the flavor. French toast "dippers". Fun!
Nutritional Facts for French Toast Freak Shake
1 Freak Shake
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.