Try this recipe created with Chef Sushma Marur. Enjoy your greens and grains at the same time while enjoying its light Fall flavors.
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup uncooked farro, toasted
- 2 Tablespoons pitted and quartered kalamata olives
- 1 cup thinly sliced fresh fennel bulb
- 2 cups arugula
- 1/2 orange, zested (1/2 teaspoon zest)
- Orange Vinaigrette
- 2 Tablespoons orange juice, from zested orange above
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced shallots
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a medium saucepan, combine the water, salt and farro. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer until the farro is tender but not mushy, about 20 minutes. Drain and transfer to a large bowl to cool.
- Add the olives, fennel, arugula and orange zest to the cooled farro and toss to combine.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients until combine. Add the vinaigrette to the salad and toss to coat.
- Let the salad stand for at least 10-15 minutes at room temperature & serve.
- NOTE: To intensify flavors, let salad marinate in refrigerator overnight. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Nutritional Facts for Fall Farro Salad
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.