Mash firm tofu and add turmeric to create a texture that looks and tastes like eggs. Mix in other traditional egg salad ingredients for this vegan delight!
Servings: 5 Print Recipe
- 3 Tablespoons light mayonnaise (such as Reduced Fat Vegenaise™)
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 container (14 ounces) firm tofu, drained and pressed dry
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions (about 2)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery (about 1 medium stalk)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pickles
- Sea salt & pepper, to taste
- Mix mayonnaise, parsley, mustard, lemon and turmeric together.
- Add mayonnaise mixture to tofu and mash with a fork until egg salad consistency.
- Stir in onions, celery, pickle and salt/pepper.
- Optional serving variations: serve as sandwich or with crackers & veggies.
Nutritional Facts for Easy Eggless Egg Salad
1/2 cup salad
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.