Simmer up this sensational fiber-rich sauce as a fruit dip or drizzled over your favorite ice cream.
- 1 lemon, zest & juice
- 4 cups fresh figs, chopped
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In sauce pan combine lemon zest, lemon juice, figs, almond milk, agave, brandy and salt.
- Bring to boil and simmer uncovered for 35 minutes until thickened; occasionally mashing with potato masher or fork.
- Serve semi-smooth sauce with chopped fruit or over ice cream.
Nutritional Facts for Drunken Fig Sauce
1/4 cup sauce
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.