Dried plums are antioxidant rich as well as terrific fiber providers. The chew and zest of this dish is the perfect end to any meal.
Servings: 6 Print Recipe
- 3/4 cup dried plums (aka prunes), chopped
- 1 orange, zest and juice
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 3 pears, cored and thinly sliced
- 6 Tablespoons chopped walnuts
- Soak chopped plums with orange zest, orange juice and ginger for 30 minutes.
- Mash plum mixture with potato masher until semi-smooth.
- Serve plum sauce drizzled over sliced pears and top with walnuts.
Nutritional Facts for Dried Plum & Ginger Compote on Sliced Pears
1/2 pear + topping
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.