Grab a big bowl for this fiber-filled, entree size salad.
Servings: 4 Print Recipe
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- Salt & black pepper, to taste
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- 4 large heirloom tomatoes, sliced into 3 thick slices each
- 1/2 cup plain soy or almond milk
- 1 cup corn meal
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 cups chopped Romaine lettuce (about 1-2 large Romaine hearts)
- 2 ears of sweet corn, grilled (or 1.5 cups frozen & thawed corn)
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 greens onions, chopped
- Salad Dressing:
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 6 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Mix together flour, salt, pepper, and cayenne.
- Dip tomato slices into milk, flour mixture then cornmeal.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil and garlic for 1 minute.
- Pan fry tomatoes in hot skillet for about 3 minutes on each side, until cornmeal is golden.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients and toss with lettuce, corn, beans, and onions.
- Top salad with cornmeal crusted tomatoes.
Nutritional Facts for Cornmeal Crusted Tomatoes on Chopped Honey Mustard Salad
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.