Warm up with a complete breakfast and a hearty dose of calcium and iron.
- 4 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1.5 cups steel cut oats
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds
- Marmalade Syrup:
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 bag (12 ounces) fresh cranberries
- 1 orange, zest and juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In large pot bring almond milk, water and salt to boil. Stir in oatmeal and add cinnamon sticks. Simmer uncovered for 30 minutes, until oatmeal is thick and smooth.
- In sauce pan bring water and maple syrup to boil. Add cranberries, orange juice and orange zest. Simmer uncovered for 30 minutes, until cranberries pop and syrup is thick. Stir in vanilla.
- Serve oatmeal with cranberry marmalade and slivered almonds on top.
Nutritional Facts for Cinna-Cran Almond Oatmeal
3/4 cup oatmeal + 1/4 cup marmalade
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.