Chipotles in adobo is a versatile ingredient that adds flavor and smokey heat to any dish. When pureed with butternut squash and white beans, this filling soup supports eye health (300% daily recommended vitamin A) and immunity (60% daily recommended vitamin C)!
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups cubed butternut squash, 1” cubes (about 1 butternut squash or 2 fresh/frozen 10 ounce bags pre-cubed squash)
- 1 cup finely chopped red onion (about 1 small onion)
- 3 canned chipotles in adobo, chopped (see note below*)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (about 2 small cloves)
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 can (15 ounces) white beans, rinsed & drained
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- In large soup pot, heat olive oil and cook butternut squash cubes, onion, chipotles and garlic until squash cubes are tender, about 5-10 minutes.
- Add in vegetable broth, white beans and sea salt. Bring to a boil and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Using emersion blender, blender or food processor, carefully puree soup until smooth.
- Serve immediately or store in air-tight container for up to 4 days. You can also freeze soup for up to 3 months.*Note: For chipotles, buy small 7oz can. Chop & freeze the remaining peppers in 1 Tablespoon piles. Once frozen, transfer to a small plastic bag or container for up to 3 months.
Nutritional Facts for Chipotle Butternut Squash Soup
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.