A heart healthy diet should include whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables, low fat dairy, lean protein and legumes, and should limit fat, saturated fat, cholesterol, and sodium. This recipe provides at least 1g soluble fiber per serving. Experts recommend that to maintain good health, no more than 10% of your calories should come from saturated fat, and no more than 20-35% of daily calories should come from total fat. This recipe has 8g of total fat.
Time: 5 minutes | Servings: 1
- 1/2 cup Quaker Old Fashioned Oats
- 3/4 cup unsweetened plant milk
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 2 teaspoons chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
1. In a single serve bowl or mug, mix Quaker oats, plant milk, carrots, pecans, raisins, vanilla, cinnamon and ginger.
2. Microwave for 90 seconds and stir.
3. In a separate small bowl, mix together yogurt and maple syrup.
4. Drizzle on oatmeal.
Nutritional Facts for Carrot Cake Oatmeal w/ Greek Yogurt Frosting
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.