Control the sodium when you make this Asian-inspired dish. It’s fresher and healthier than most take-out options.
Servings: 3 Print Recipe
- 1/4 cup lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, minced
- 1.5 cups cooked brown rice (use pre-cooked frozen brown rice to save time)
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained (about 1.5 cups beans)
- 1 cup snow peas, halved
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots (sliced on bias)
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts
- Low-sodium soy sauce, to taste
- Whisk together lime juice, mint, agave and jalapeño.
- Combine rice, beans, veggies and peanuts.
- Toss lime mixture with rice mixture and drizzle with low-sodium soy sauce.
Nutritional Facts for Brown Rice Lunch Bowl
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.