This vegan burger pairs protein-rich black beans with flavorful veggies to create a batch of gluten-free patties. Make once and save the leftovers for a quick microwave meal.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded & diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 Tablespoons dried taco seasoning
- 1 can (15 ounce) low-fat refried beans
- 1 can (15 ounce) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup crushed corn tortilla chips (2 ounces)
- Grapeseed oil, for brushing
- In a skillet over medium heat, sauté oil, onions, garlic, poblano pepper, carrots and taco seasoning for 8 minutes, until vegetables are tender and most of the water is released.
- Transfer mixture to mixing bowl and blot with a paper towel to remove excess moisture.
- Stir in refried beans, black beans and chip crumbs. If mix is too wet, add more chip crumbs.
- Form mixture into 10 patties.
- Brush patties with grapeseed oil and brown each side in a skillet for about 4 minutes.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate in airtight container for up to 5 days. Note: This recipe can be made in advance. Simply form mixture into patties, cook/brown and freeze.
Nutritional Facts for Black Bean Veggie Burger
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.