A veggie burger made with real veggies. This burger is an excellent source of vitamin A & C, fiber and iron. Add chopped onions, bell pepper or shredded carrots to customize your meal.
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 bunch kale (finely chopped, no stems)
- 1 can white beans (rinsed & drained)
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- cooking spray
- Pre-heat oven to 350° F.
- Sauté oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt & kale for 7 minutes.
- Mash beans w/ fork or potato masher until smooth.
- Add cooked kale & oats to mashed beans and stir until mixture holds together. Form into 4 patties.
- Mist baking sheet w/ cooking spray. Bake for 30 minutes, flipping once.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate in airtight container for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 6 months.
Nutritional Facts for Basic Kale Burger
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.