What better way to finish a meal than with this fruit-based dessert. It is chewy, sweet and crunching topped with a creamy raw cashew cream.
- 2 Tablespoons dried cherries
- 2 Tablespoons raisins
- 2 Tablespoons chopped raw almonds
- 2 Tablespoons chopped raw walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 small apples, cored
- Creamy Cashew Topping:
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup almost boiling water
- 1 Tablespoon 100% maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Puree cashew topping ingredients until smooth. Chill in refrigerator.
- Combine cherries, raisins, almonds, walnuts and cinnamon.
- Stuff apples with dried fruit & nut mixture.
- Place apples in baking dish misted with cooking spray.
- Bake for 40 minutes, until apples are tender.
- Serve baked apple with cold cashew topping.
Nutritional Facts for Baked Apple with Cashew Cream
1 baked apple + 1 T topping
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.