NUTRITION NOTE: Make this recipe a complete meal by adding protein like a smear of SimplyNature almond butter or a side of SimplyNature organic cage-free eggs or NeverAny! chicken breakfast sausage.
Time: 10 minutes + Fridge time | Servings: 24
- 2 oranges
- 2 tablespoons SimplyNature chia seeds
- 1 slice SimplyNature Knock Your Sprouts Off Sprouted 7-Grain Bread
- 1 teaspoon SimplyNature organic coconut oil
- SimplyNature cinnamon (sprinkle to taste)
- Zest the oranges, get mostly the orange part and not the white pith, set aside.
- Peel the oranges and puree in a food processor or blender until mostly smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in the orange zest and chia seeds and transfer to glass jar.
- Let thicken in fridge for at least 2 hours. Store in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Serve 1 tablespoon of marmalade with 1 slice of cinnamon toast*.
*For cinnamon toast: Spread 1 teaspoon coconut oil on 1 toasted slice sprouted bread and sprinkle with cinnamon to taste.
Recipe makes 1.5 Cups (24 tablespoons)
Nutritional Facts for Aldi Chia Marmalade w/ Cinnamon Toast
1 Tbsp + 1 slice toast
Daily Value %*
2%, Vitamin D 0%
6%, Potassium 2%
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.