This fluffy bread swap is great if you’re cutting back on refined carbs aka: the white stuff. It’s gluten-free, no-sugar, and has only 30 calories per cloudy slice.
30 minutes • Servings: Makes 8 cloud slices Print Recipe
- 3 eggs, separated
- 3 tablespoons 2% plain greek yogurt
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Separate eggs whites from egg yolks in two separate bowls.
- Mix together egg yolks, yogurt, and salt.
- Add apple cider vinegar to egg whites and beat with electric hand mixer for 3-5 minutes, until still peaks form. If you are using a hand whisk this will take 15-20 minutes.
- Gently fold the egg yolk/yogurt mixture into the egg whites.
- On the baking sheet, scoop 1/4 cup of the mixture forming 8 evenly spaced scoops. Smooth over each scoop with a spoon until they are circular, about 4 inches in diameter.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven, cool and enjoy.
Feeling creative: Add your favorite herb or spice such as ground cumin, dried oregano, smoked paprika or cinnamon into the egg yolk/yogurt mixture to add a boost of flavor.
For storage: Seal in plastic bag or air-tight container and keep in fridge for up to 7 days. Eat right out of fridge or pop in toaster to warm. You can also freeze clouds for up to 2 months and thaw in fridge before eating.
Nutritional Facts for 3-Ingredient Cloud Bread
per slice of cloud bread
Makes 8 cloud slices
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.