Top crisp romaine with this mayonnaise-free tangy dressing. Cashews create creamy texture and provide anti-inflammatory fats, bone-building magnesium, & energy-enhancing copper.
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 3/4 cup almost boiling water
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 Tablespoons dill pickle, finely chopped
- In food processor or blender, puree dressing ingredients (except pickles) for 3-4 minutes, until creamy. For best results, drizzle water in gradually as food processor/blender is running.
- Stir in pickles. Note: Omit pickles for more of a French/Catalina dressing.
- Drizzle dressing on salad of choice & store extra in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 7 days.
Got leftover tomato paste? Here's what to do with it: Simmer with water for a soup base, use in a meatloaf, or make homemade pasta sauce. You can also freeze it in an ice cube tray, pop out the frozen cubes & store them in a zip-top plastic bag in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Nutritional Facts for SuperSwap Thousand Island Dressing
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.